Like my first serendipity background, I used torn newspaper to form the base collage of the sheet. I then sprayed some ink on a plastic surface and dabbed and pressed the collage onto the mat of colors. I sprayed the areas that didn’t get saturated to “even out” the composition.
I try not to muddle my serendipity background too much, and at the end of the day try not to further embellish it beyond what has been put on it. Towards the end, I tend to put down layers more deliberately forming a design that would be Artist Trading Card size or ATC-size friendly. (2.5″ x 3.5″)
Although it should be done on a traditional 12×12 scrapbook page, I did this one on a repurposed manila folder that was letter size. I wanted more “room” and I ended up cutting more than the usual 12. After the ink dried, I painted on a layer of modpodge.
I love using pressed flowers in my Artist Trading Cards, and while I have two batches on hand at home in my “craft cave”, I couldn’t find them after stashing my craft supplies in boxes temporarily. I had to improvise. I have four hydrangeas that are dried and in a vase on my credenza which I “regenerated” by immersing the dried petals in hot water. Once “softened”, I modpodged them onto the master board. I had tried pasting swatches of a damask paper napkin but it practically “disappeared” into the background.
Here it is upclose:
I also stamped it with double cirlces using the inner rim of a roll of tape in a bronze acrylic paint shade.
I tried to rubber stamp acrylic paint flourishes which unfortunately did not “float” as well as I had hoped it to, and the final touch was using filing orange labels (those round circles used to color-code files which I painted over with gold.
To laminate the whole piece, I painted it with a generous coating of modpodge once again. My serendipity background master board!