Last year, I tried to begin a craft calendar in April which I didn’t get to follow very closely, but which somehow helped me focus on the things I had hoped to do during the year. HOPE is the operative word, being that a lot of things got in the way and somehow derailed my efforts to be more disciplined with the crafting.
Besides the list of tasks, I am also trying to identify PROJECTS to focus on for the month to help my productions goals along.
No more excuses, but let’s give it another go in 2017. Again, I hope to be able to achieve more given this list of goals, and watch out for updates as the year rolls along with a monthly round up of how I’ve been doing. (Edits, progress, deletions/additions)
I had started drafting this post in January but had gotten stuck. So let me begin with the current month, February.
- Work on the #GiftOf50 peripherals (gift tags, gift wrap, etc.) and keep creating gifts.
- PROJECT: Start working on a light coat for Spring.
- Work on getting my tour guide license.
- Visit Lion Brand Yarns and enroll for a knitting class.
- PROJECT: Easter cards
- Begin work on fabric clutches.
- PROJECT: throw pillows for the sofa
- Get my tour guide license. (More on this later.)
- Bead fabric clutches
- PROJECT: Beaded brooch
- Start planning my halloween costume, another paper fairy gown.
- Design my holiday card for the end of the year. (Need to determine materials.)
- PROJECT: Launch Bead Tours
- Post a clutch for sale in the etsy shop.
- Launch first postcard set project.
- PROJECT: OZ projects
- Start creating the halloween costume. (Will try to actually sew one instead of pinning one together like the last time I made one in 2015.
- PROJECT: paper boxes
- Start series on Holiday-themed articles.
- Work on Christmas decor.
- Produce holiday cards.
- Create gifts to give for the holidays.
- Launch second postcard set.
- Stock up the shop and launch holiday promo.
- PROJECT: CHRISTMAS DECOR
- Finish holiday card.
- Start series on handmade gifts for the holidays.
- Put up my Christmas tree last week of October.
- PROJECT: Holiday Cards
- Mail out holiday cards.
- Decorate tree first week, deck out the house.
- PROJECT: Wrappers / Bags for the holiday gifts
- Create and make gift packaging. (Wrapper, embellishments, tags)
- Thank you cards
- PROJECT: Recycling holiday wrap and cards
Here’s to a productive and crafty 2017..