And so a new year is upon us and the first two months have ended. That I haven’t been here doesn’t mean I haven’t been crafting. On the contrary, I feel that 2019 was a very productive year for me craft wise. My writing may be in stops and starts, but crafting has been a constant in my life. It is a source of comfort, relaxation and never ending learning.
I have a 20 for 2020 list in my personal blog, listing 20 things I want to accomplish in the year.. So the idea came to me to come up with something slightly different in this crafting space: a 2020 craft wish list.
I’m looking to write up a list of 2020 projects I want to undertake in the coming year. And from there, see how it goes.
1. Begin and finish an art journal in earnest. I completed my first art journal/altered book in 2015. It took me 3 years to finish it and it was a true labor of love. Since that time that I decided the last post was my last, I have tried to start another art journal at least 6 times. I am, however, currently working on something that might actually get me where I want to go with this project and that will be one of the next posts following this. I am inspired!
2. Rebind my art journal. I chose to an altered book which meant literally painting and doing my entries on an existing book. It has fallen apart at the seams literally, but I have done my best to keep it in one piece. The cover is off the spine and I really need to give the binding serious attention to preserve the book.
3. Do an art journal reveal video. I’m trying to figure out how to do this but I think it’s best done after the rebinding.
Sewing: sew the following pieces:
4. A spring coat
5. A dress
6. A topper
7. A blazer
8. A tote bag
9. A make up bag replicating the one I’m using
10. A denim painted dress or jacket
I have acquired patterns and fabric and the sewing machine has been silent for most of the previous year. It’s time to get it going again!
11.Create the broken shell necklace I bought a set of shells for
12. Create polymer clay beads and figure out how to cast stones in clay
13. Create fabric beads
14. Use my labradorite cabochons to create a statement piece.
15. Embellish a purse with semi precious stones and shells.
16. Work on my rose petal collages
17. Finish one photo transfer project
18. Create mixed media accessories made out of paper
Crochet and needle craft
19. Crochet a cardigan
20. Learn how to knit properly and follow patterns.
It seems like quite a long wish list but I’m optimistic that I will get most of that done. I will do a regular check in here to see where I am periodically and let’s see how this goes.